The work of the St. Margaret Hospital Guild is close to our hearts as it positively impacts our neighbors in Indianapolis. We are grateful for the opportunity to share our talents for a meaningful cause.
The St. Margaret’s Hospital Guild began with a simple sermon from the rector of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in 1907. He gave a sermon in early December that explained the many rewards that are given for selfless acts of kindness toward the less fortunate.
Because of this one sermon, three women joined together and formed the St. Margaret’s Hospital Guild with the goal of providing care to the underserved patients of City Hospital which is known today as Sidney and Louis Eskenazi Hospital.
Throughout its many years of service, the Guild has transformed into a citywide nonprofit organization with its signature fundraising event being their Decorators’ Show House & Gardens which debuted in 1962.